Sunday, December 10, 2017

Looking Beyond Limitations: Living Life Aware!

What is your response when asked if the cup is half full or half empty?  How do you encounter limitations of time or money or energy?  Do you see differences in the lifestyles of the "Have's" and "Have Not's"?

Our physical world offers many conditions that suggest boundaries, borders, divisions, obstructions, and walls:  ways to experience restrictions and reservations.

I wonder:
  • Is there a way for us to see beyond these blocked views?
  • Can we expect, anticipate, and hope for the Beauty Hidden:  the ability to see the cup... without qualification; to appreciate the gift of time, money, and energy... without limits?
Beauty Hidden
(Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England)
In my travels, studies, and daily encounters, I experience moments when I feel trapped by the constraints of this physical world.  But, I also stumble upon the beauty that others have shared with us through thought, word and action... in lofty ideas, enduring literature, intricate designs, and time-tested beliefs.

When I open my mind's eye, I can see that I have a choice to move beyond any self-learned restriction:
  • Will I see the cup as half [full / empty] -- or -- will I be grateful for the cup that has clean water for me to drink?
  • Will I find fault in the person who misunderstands me -- or -- will I see the hidden beauty in that person who is struggling to understand me?
  • Will I accept what is happening around me -- and -- will I become the change needed to improve and protect the lofty ambitions before us?
Intricate Designs
(Rossio Railway Station, Lisbon, Portugal)
The choices we make can have a lasting effect... on how we see and experience the world; on the impact we have on others; on the enduring legacy remaining once we move on.

Centuries of Meaning
(Rouen Cathedral, Rouen, France)
Moving from a physical world of boundaries, limitations, and walls requires that we live a Life Aware: 
  • Noticing the current situation and the direction that life may be taking.
  • Being open to past and present understandings and misunderstandings.
  • Exploring divergent aspirations and possibilities.
  • Choosing to support Self and Others.

Questions to consider:
  • How do you see the cup [Life]?
  • How might you redefine Time, Money, and Energy [Tools]?
  • What Beauty Hidden surprised you today [Choice to See]?

May we choose to take action this week... to listen... to seek... to encounter the Hidden Beauty around us!

 
Larry Gardepie

Dialogue San Diego Consulting
(click on link to website)

No comments:

Post a Comment