Take for instance my invisible car. There must be some reason why other drivers constantly pull out in front of my car or cut me off on the freeway: the car must be invisible!
Or, maybe it is not the car... could it just be me? That would explain why people bump into me without acknowledging that I was there or that we even had a mishap. I am not seen or acknowledged!
|Have you felt like you live on a different planet?|
Definition of Oblivion:
- The state of being completely forgotten or unknown;
- The state of forgetting or being oblivious.
Does the motion to get us through this frenetic and complex world require that we ignore or invalidate others? Do we become oblivious to our surroundings so we can focus only on our goals and tasks? Is it our way of surviving each day?
|Have you felt ignored?|
- How do I contribute to Oblivious Moments?
- Am I forgetting the sacredness that we each bring to our world?
- How might I remember your value?
|Paradise: finding someone to share and value|
- Awareness: I notice my thoughts and feelings, and I seek to understand yours.
- Compassion: I carry lightly those times we have forgotten our value.
- Interdependence: I realize I need you... and I hope you need me as well.
- Creative Freedom: we seek ways to survive and thrive together.
This week, may we seek to see and to understand. May we not forget the Invaluableness of who we are!
Dialogue San Diego Consulting