As the balloons were filling with hot air, the pilot (aeronaut) explained what he would be doing, the science behind air temperature, and the navigation skills that would be used to guide us to our destination.
Then, the fun began!
|What do you need to lift you?|
Climbing into the basket was probably the most difficult part of the journey. The basket was almost chest high, a barrier tall enough to allay my heightened fears. After everyone was onboard, the ground crew released the moorings and we gently lifted skyward.
Several things surprised me:
- The overwhelming silence -- and peace, punctuated only by the sound of the flame bursts that heated the air;
- The balloon amplified the conversations of people on the ground as we drifted overhead;
- The pilot's skill in adjusting our elevation, taking advantage of the wind currents.
|How do you control the ascent of your ideas?|
Many years later, I marvel at this heavenly experience: using skills learned to improve or enjoy the world around... rather than through single-minded domination.
Just think of:
- The hot air that is being expended each day to bring people down rather than lift them up.
- The ability to release hot air, landing safely at a place that is intentional and friendly.
- Allowing fire (passion or spirit) and wind (desires and vision) to guide us and help us achieve our goals.
|Describe the beauty of your journey.|
True, there are elements or events in our lives that we cannot control. I wonder, though, what it would be like if our dialogue practices would:
- Explain -- like the pilot -- what our intentions and goals are;
- Become skilled at reading the currents around us; and,
- Help people into baskets of safety that would allay -- rather than fan -- fears?
Isn't it amazing when we reflect on past memories?! There is so much to learn -- and relearn!
Where are the currents taking you this week? How will you rise above and be guided by your dialogue skills?
(click on link for website)