|Reflection: Looking Inward|
It took time for the sun to rise and re-balance what could be seen... just as it takes time for me to become aware of what is happening within myself and to those around me. Dialogue encourages us to explore these Within-Moments and What-Have-I-Missed Experiences.
|Reflection: Seeing Outward|
As I walked around the ship's Promenade Deck thinking about the inward and outward flow of dialogue, I turned the corner of the ship and came upon a glorious sunrise that exploded with color across the clouds and over the water!
As we practice Dialogue, we will be challenged to:
- Turn inward and notice: what values and meanings we have attached to experiences, and the conclusions we have made about people in our lives;
- Turn outward with curiosity: to seek and accept how others encounter the world; and,
- Wait patiently... but with anticipation: for the surprises that awaken us as we encounter an enlightened understanding of Self and Others.
|Reflection: Waiting to be Surprised!|
Questions to consider this week:
- When I look at my reflection in the mirror: What do I see? What do I think? What do I feel?
- When I am with loved ones, friends, and work colleagues: What do I hear? What do I expect? How do I react?
- When I am surprised: Is the surprise about me, or what I discovered in others?
May this week open us to inward and outward reflections which will enlighten us and provide beautiful surprises!
Dialogue San Diego Consulting