- How well do we balance the brands and images we create (about our organization, work, and self) with the comments returned?
- What are the messages sent and the ones received?
- How do we characterize displeasing or unwanted feedback?
|Messages We Give: are they the ones we intended?|
Note: Click on image to expand
(Baby Blues, Rick Kirkman and Jerry Scott: January 11, 2018)
Am I the same way: not hearing the Good News because I am waiting for the 'But... here is the Bad News?"
Recently, I saw a road sign near a lookout point. It read "Danger. Do Not Go Beyond Guardrail." The yellow warning sign was covered with stickers making the intended message indiscernible. As tourists, we were focused on the view, taking Selfies, awed by the spectacular scene. Who was paying attention to the warning sign... let alone the guardrail!
- What guardrails and messages do I install around me?
- Do I check with others what they see, hear or experience?
- Are the messages I send distracted by other circumstances in my life?
|Messages We Give: do we give mixed messages?|
- Creating an inquiring mind: how we balance explaining what is important to us with an invitation for others to share their thoughts and feelings.
- Developing a willingness to explain: how we describe our thought processes, meanings, and conclusions.
- Understanding and accepting missteps: how we learn from our mistakes.
|Messages We Give:|
successfully negotiating the chessboard of life
What message do you want to give this week? How will you know it has been received the way you intended?
Blessings as you develop your Spirit of Redo!
Dialogue San Diego Consulting
(click on link for website)