Nature and humanity coming together: discovering the beautiful waterfalls of Yosemite and the magic of the Summer Firefall! Water and Fire: two elements of our world that create and destroy, bringing comfort and growth as well as destruction and harm.
|Transforming Water: Into Fire|
(At Yosemite: A Waterfall Turns into a Firefall,
New York Times, February 24, 2016)
This summer has been a period of self-reflection: recalling memories of the past; noticing present moments; and wondering about the future. There is great power in holding and celebrating these temporal phases... each with gentleness and sacredness.
It is as if the past currents of our life have carved a pathway for present actions and future hopes. But, as with the mighty rivers of our world, we can experience an immediate transformation when flooding waters surge beyond restrictive riverbanks and transform the surrounding areas. In the moment: change and destruction. But in the days and years following: new channels allowing a change in the water's direction and silty overflow providing nourishment to the surrounding farmlands. Destructive power giving way to new growth and possibilities.
|Transforming Water: Into Power|
(Gullfoss Waterfalls, Iceland)
- Through dialogue, we become open to another person's past experiences, current realities, and future dreams.
- Through reflection, we have the opportunity to understand the common needs and desires which animate the human condition.
And, it is through dialogue and reflection that we realize The Choice before us:
- What path do we choose to follow -- destruction or healing; and
- What temporal phase will we spend more time?
Past: memories that tug on us. Present: choices that free us. Future: hopes that will heal us.
We can remain within the muddiness of life... where murky waters hide what is below the surface. Or, we can choose to clean out the discord between us... where clear waters reflect the beauty around it. Dialogue transforms us from not seeing the gifts in another person to mirroring the beauty of that person.
|Transforming Water: Into Reflected Beauty|
Questions to consider this week as we face moments of sadness and pain, and happiness and healing:
- What memories come to mind?
- What current events surface?
- What future dreams do I want to achieve?
- What choices will I make to transform and reflect the beauty of who I am and who you are?
May this week allow your past, present, and future to be seen as sacred and transformative!
Dialogue San Diego Consulting