For me, a number of questions emerge at this time of year:
- What am I carrying from one year and into the next?
- Do I have a choice to leave some memories and stories in the past?
- Am I willing to lay down burdens that weigh on me?
|From Old to New:|
Are there immovable barriers in your path?
(Click link for: Stonehenge, Wiltshire, England)
Having visited the Neolithic structure of Stonehenge several times over the past 30 years, I remain awed by its size, purpose, and the foresight of its creators. Circling the stone pillars this past September, I wondered about the beliefs and structures in my life that have grown over time.
- Do I revisit these structures?
- Do I question their continued purpose or impact on my life?
- Have they become a mystery... that I protect and no longer understand?
|From Old to New:|
Are you locked into something you love?
(Click link for: Elevador de Santa Justa, Lisbon, Portugal)
- When do I lock memories into my worldview?
- Who do I memorialize and with what symbol?
- Where do I place these locked memories... and the keys to unlock and remember?
|From Old to New|
Are you ready to invite others into your world?
As I move from Old to New - one day to the next day, one year forward - I realize anew how important it is to share my thoughts, inspirations, hopes, and fears with others. The ability to sit and share - open up, unlock views, ask questions, and listen - is so necessary in our burdened and locked world.
Old Structures may need to be re-explored. The moments memorialized or locked in time may need to be re-visited and re-moved. Places and forms of dialogue may need to be newly-created, welcoming others into a safe environment to be open to and embrace what is both common and different.
- Am I willing to move from old to new?
- Can I lay down last year's burdens, worries, and fears?
- How might I become open to this year's uncertainty?
May we learn to let go of the unfinishedness of 2017, and move minute by minute into the hope that 2018 offers! May we seek...
Peace. Paz. Pace. Paix. Friede. Síocháin. Shalom (שלום). Barış. Salām (سلام). Solh (صلح). Sānti (शांति). Santipap (สันติภาพ). Iríni (Ειρήνη). Lapè. Zhi-bde (ཞི་བདེ). Dohiyi (ᏙᎯᏱ). Pokój. Barış. Minaggen. Heiwa (平和 ). Heddwch. Kapayapaan. Pokój. Mir (Мир)...
Peace to All on this beautiful Earth!
Dialogue San Diego Consulting
(click on link to website)