Saturday, April 2, 2022

Clouds Illusions

Have you ever had a tune stuck in your mind, playing over and over?  I might not remember the words, artist or lyrics, but the melody sure knows how to linger… playing over and over and over again!

One song has been playing in my mind for a few days now, so I decided to look up the words.  It’s Joni Mitchell’s Both Sides, Now, where one of the stanzas reads:  “I’ve looked at life from both sides now… From win and lose and still somehow… It’s life’s illusions I recall… I really don’t know life at all.”


What illusions cloud what you think?
(Photo: Glacier Bay, Larry Gardepie)

What an intriguing way to look at life these days:  looking at life from both sides and realizing that we really don’t know life at all!  What are the illusions that are recalled… and probably held onto?  Isn’t it time to look beyond the illusions and seek the Light Hidden and Truth Unspoken?
  

Can we see the light beyond the clouds?
(Photo: Clouds and Stars in a Night Sky, Larry Gardepie)

When I finally accept that I might not understand a situation or know the answer to a problem, my mind momentarily panics… it becomes defensive:  “I should have known“, “You didn’t tell me”, “It’s their problem”, and “They did this to themselves.”  As I slow down and listen to myself, I become self-reflective:  “Where did that come from?”, “Is this what I really think or feel?” and “What kind of person do I want to become?”.

Eventually, as curiosity emerges, I move from statements to questions, and there is a willingness to look at my filters (illusions) and the conclusions (clouds) I have hidden behind.  Now begins the real work of asking and seeking what is Real… beyond the Illusions Created.


When does Light amplify your Illusions?
(Photo: Clouds and Ocean, Larry Gardepie)


Illusions and conclusions separate us; curiosity and reflection connect us; exploration and discovery enlighten us.

May we be willing to set aside What We Think We Know and seek What We Do Not Know.
 

Larry Gardepie

(click on link for website)

No comments:

Post a Comment